A Glamorous Look for an Unforgettable Valentine’s Night
Since makeup has the power to transform a look from blah to fabulous within seconds, Maria Eskander gives us some tips and names the top brands she uses to help us get the perfect look for a glamorous Valentine’s. The talented makeup artist guides us through one of her makeup routines from her skin prepping techniques until the last spritz of her setting spray.
- A day before your big day, apply Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask from The Body Shop on your face for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. You can use a mixture of honey and yoghurt instead, since it’s suitable for all skin types. This will moisturise and brighten the face.
- A few hours before makeup application, cleanse your pores with La Roche-Posay Effaclar for oily skin, then to make sure that the face is perfectly clear use Bioderma’s Sebium H2O, followed by the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner.
- After that, spritz your face with La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water as it moisturises the skin, lightens it up, and prepares it for makeup.
- Next, use the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Daily Solution Serum because it is good for oily skin and tightens your skin pores.
- To moisturise, apply La Roche-Posay Effaclar H for oily skin. It is recommended to wait a few seconds between each and every step of the above mentioned to give the skin a chance to absorb the ingredients of these products.
- Now for the makeup stage, start with Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer.
- For eyeshadow, I recommend using the Makeup Revolution Essential Shimmers palette, applying the light gold hue in the inner corner of your eye, and dark gold directly on the eyelid.
- Then, you can apply one any of MAC’s nude colours on the eyelid as well, blush shades can also be used as an eyeshadow because they are very light and non-glittery. To highlight the eyelids, you can use a creamy, shimmery lipstick in a hue similar to the eyeshadow shade you’re using.
- To top your eyemakup off, use Wet N Wild Mega Length Waterproof eyeliner. I personally buy my lashes from an online Facebook group called The Lash Shop.
- I recommend using Lord & Berry 701 Smudgeproof Eye Pencil, with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow for eyebrows, Sephora’s Better Than Sex mascara, and MAC’s Pro Longwear Concealer.
- After that, blend in your Makeup Forever HD foundation over your face, before using Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Contour Cream Kit.
- Your next step is using Morphe’s contour palette, blush powder, and highlighter.
- You can mix Essence’s Dare to Wear’s red lipstick, with a L’oreal red shade, and Nivea Beaute Colour Passion’s shimmery red lipstick.
- Finally, apply Studio Finishing Powder by Nyx, which is translucent, before using the same brand’s setting spray as a final step.
Certified Makeup Artist